Friday, April 1, 2016

April Commitment: Morning Medley

Last month was hard. This month, I'll try to simplify.

Morning Medley: Every weekday, when I wake up, I will follow this routine:

  • For better energy: Drink a glass of water or a hot cup of tea
  • For better core strength: 1-3 plant sets, starting at least 1'30'' per plank (use this time to think)
  • For better directionality: Write down at least 1 long-term goal and 3 goals on a post-it note
The last one, I've already started doing for work and it's been working great. I write down my daily To Dos and keep my post-its in my work notebook. It's nice seeing them stack onto each other.


What I learned in March:
  1. I should prepare better for exams! Set aside 4 hours per week to study outside of class.
  2. My commitments should not underestimate impending stressors. I failed on both March commitments during exam week. I could not justify loss of sleep and stress over my diet during the most difficult Anatomy unit of the semester.
  3. My diet strategy is too stressful and/or I spend way too much time planning my meals. I must simplify my eating habits.
  4. Waking up at 6:30am is somewhat unrealistic given my varied sleep times. I still enjoy waking up at 6:30am... just not every morning. Getting adequate sleep is still something rather elusive to me. Maybe I need a minimum weekly total hours?


No comments:

Post a Comment