Saturday, April 23, 2016

B2B Training Log: Week 5

Week 5 (04.17.2016 - 04.23.2016)

Thoughts for the week: 

  1. My longing for a female bestie to train with, talk life and science with, and chase ambitions with is still strong as ever. Will I ever meet my long lost woman swolemate....?
  2. Is it just me, or does KT Tape really make you feel like a beast (even though it technically means you're an injured beast).
  3. Ran the furthest I've ever run before! Ever. 11 miles up San Bruno Mountain, along the ridge trail, and back to Mission's Edge. I told myself I would avoid hills this week, but runner's mentality took over. Luckily, my feet tendons are still on the mend. RICE really does work wonders.
  4. Made a decision to join a gym so I can work on fixing the muscle imbalances in my quads and wherever else....
TAPER WEEK IS COMING (yay)! I have one more 12km test run before Vegas next weekend and then B2B expo, watching my friends and roommate do the Spartan Race on May 14th, and then B2B. I guess I haven't raised as much money as I would have liked for the Alliance for a Healthier Generation but I'm glad I helped even a little bit. Looks like the winning costume is going to be a unicorn (me) and rainbows (boyfie). Bring it!

Workouts this Week

AVOID HILLS.
  • Intervals 4x800m, 4x400m | @ 3:30, 1:30 each with 0.25 mile rest --> 6 miles
  • Full Body Strength and Core | lightly weighted squats (20 lb dumbells), lunges, 2-3 minutes of inversion, and arm work, including reverse pullups, dead-hangs, and hanging leg raises. Added 1-2' of jumproping between exercises (total: 10 mins jumprope)
  • Run easy, 11mi | San Bruno mountain! -->11.1mi
  • Planks! | Every weekday morning 3 sets of 1'30'' or 5' plan workout

Totals

Run: 17.1mi
Bike: 24.75mi


No comments:

Post a Comment